.
I'm new to MySQL joins with PHP and I can't get this to work - and I don't understand *why* it won't work.

Table 1 - Countries - has fields: country
Table 2 - Properties - has fields: area, reference_number
Table 3 - Images - has fields: image_filename, reference_number

The first page goes -

$Query="SELECT country FROM countries";
$Result=mysql_db_query ($DBName, $Query, $Link);
while ($Row=mysql_fetch_array($Result))
{
}

The visitor, wanting to see an area, clicks on a particular country's link and arrives in the country.php page, which contains -

$id = $HTTP_GET_VARS["country"];.

$Query="SELECT properties.area, images.image_filename FROM properties, images WHERE properties.reference_number=images.reference_number ";

This works, but it delivers the images of every country. To call the images from just one country, I try -

$Query="SELECT properties.area, images.image_filename FROM properties, images WHERE properties.reference_number=images.reference_number AND properties.area=$id";

but it doesn't work - I get the usual "...not a valid MySQL result resource"

I've played around with it, but I confess myself beat. I expect the answer's terribly simple - but then, as everyone keeps telling me, so am I.

If you can help, thanks in advance.

Iain.