At 18:21 -0800 12/12/03, Betta Jazzy Brown wrote:
I have installed MySql on my PC and I was trying to run the program by going to the command prompt typing:

C:\>net start mysql

it says

The MySql service has started successfully.

the problem is that the command prompt doesn't read
mysql>

but still reads
C:\>

What is the problem here and how can I correct it...

There is no problem. The server has started successfully.

But you need to *connect* to the server using a client program.
Try running mysql from the C prompt, for example:

C:\> mysql

i have installed MySql Database Server & Standard Clients (4.0)

and MySql Control Center

and I'm using Win2K OS...

--

As well...what specifically can I use MySql for? I have a website that I'm trying to learn a lot of things through to make my resume more beefy and to make myself more marketable...What do you all suggest?

Thanks,
b-jazzy

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer