From: "Betta Jazzy Brown"
To: "Paul DuBois"
; "Betta Jazzy Brown"
;
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: new install - command prompt doesn't work

i have done that

C:\>mysql

but it will say

'mysql' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file

there must be something else i'm missing...

Paul DuBois
wrote:
At 18:21 -0800 12/12/03, Betta Jazzy Brown wrote:
>I have installed MySql on my PC and I was trying to run the program
>by going to the command prompt typing:
>
>C:\>net start mysql
>
>it says
>
>The MySql service has started successfully.
>
>the problem is that the command prompt doesn't read
>mysql>
>
>but still reads
>C:\>
>
>What is the problem here and how can I correct it...

There is no problem. The server has started successfully.

But you need to *connect* to the server using a client program.
Try running mysql from the C prompt, for example:

C:\> mysql

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA