Martijn Tonies wrote:

Firebird/Interbase have all those nice things like row-level locking
(although it doesn't seem to have multiversioning like InnoDB,
PostgreSQL or Oracle), deadlock detection, prepared statements, views,

Yes it DOES have multi-versioning. Actually, I believe it was the first (InterBase that is) multi-versioning engine around!

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Really? I feel smarter already!

Do you have any documentation regarding Firebird's workings that you would recommend looking through (of similar or deeper
detail than PostgreSQL's, MySQL's and the stuff in the internals.texi file that comes with 4.1.1). If I can avoid reading source code though,
I'd like to at this point (wxWindows programming has been getting to me lately).

Chris