Carlonie,

Use the UPDATE. I assume you mean by "database" here you mean the database table named "members"... if so, try the following query.

UPDATE members SET user_name = 'john_doe' WHERE user_name = 'John Doe';

--
Mike<mickalo>Blezien
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Caroline Jen wrote:
Hi, I am not a database person.  I have a database
called "members".  One of the fields in this database
is "user_name".   There are a number of records in
this database.  Under the field user_name, I would
like to make some changes manually; for example, I
want to change

John Doe

john_doe

Is it possible to do it?  How do I do it?  Thank you
very much in advance.

http://photos.yahoo.com/