I did try to install php-mysql-4.3.4-1 (I just noticed
that I mistyped the PHP version numbers below, I tried
4.2.x and 4.3.4-1), and everything else the RPM
dependency checks were complaining about. I gave up
when it looked like I would have to install two
conflicting versions of openssl to avoid dependency
failures.

However, if you actually have a system with MySQL
4.0.17, Apache, and PHP, would you mind to send me the
output of 'rpm -qa'?

Thanks,

Zsombor