Set up a load test system which is as near a replica of your
production environment as possible.  Capture an hour's worth of
transactions.  Load an copy of your database.  Play the queries in and
see how long it takes.

Any advice without taking something like the above steps is pure
speculation, and any change a gamble.  It depends on so many factors
(locking contention, where the bottlenecks are, what the access
pattern is, configuration of disks, etc) that there is no clear-cut
answer to your question.

Other than, "it might" :).  Set up a micro-version of your
application, see if you can convince yourself that there might be
benefits.

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:02, Travis Reeder wrote;

--
Sam Vilain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Please dont lie to me, unless youre absolutely sure Ill never find
out the truth.
ASHLEIGH BRILLIANT