Very much so. That's why I'm trying to get as much juice out of the cpu as possible.

Travis

Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jan 05), Travis Reeder said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find solid evidence
as to whether switching would provide us with any benefits.

We currently run MyIsam tables on 4.1.x and we are continuously
processing 24 hours/day and using about 20 tables heavily. The
process is generally doing Updates or Inserts depending on whether
the row is available for updates, otherwise new rose is inserted and
then updates until the next time bucket. It's always a different
time bucket though, not always the same row being used. We found
that running 3 processing threads seems to be around optimal (10 was
too many, 1 was too little) for being able to process the maximum
amount. Mysql runs at 100% pretty much constantly.

100% CPU? Sounds like you might be CPU-bound.