Thanks, Stefan. Mike's article was interesting.

The test was a bit harder than I anticipated. I should have paid more attention to column types and database name, among other things. But I did pass - at least, the preliminary report said pass, but also said that the exam will be reviewed and "If you have met the passing score, you will receive your official certificate by mail." This puzzles me, because this exam isn't beta any more?

Studying for and taking the exam was a good excercise and I'm glad I did. I learned things I didn't know about MySQL. Now I would like to take the Pro exam.

I wrote out pages and pages of notes while studying. If anyone's interested, perhaps I will post those online.

-Doug

Stefan Hinz wrote:

Douglas,

I'm scheduled to take the MySQL certification exam tomorrow morning, thus currently intently cramming with the MySQL reference manual and writing out study notes etc.

I'm not too worried as I've been using MySQL for years (although preping for this has been a good exercise and I've learned a number of useful things so far) but I wonder if anyone on this list has thoughts in general about the certification test or has taken this test and would like to offer any tips, hints, or cautions?

I've taken the Core exam, but that was a long time ago (November 2002 :-). Mike Hillyer has taken (and passed) both exams, and he's written a nice summary about taking the Pro exam on his blog:

http://www.vbmysql.com/mike/blog/archives/000009.php

If I do well on the test tomorrow, perhapas I'll post my study notes on-line; otherwise I may change my name, retire to the countryside and take up raising mangel-wurzels.

Good luck!

Regards,
--
 Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>