On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 19:56, Douglas Sims wrote:
> Thanks, Stefan.  Mike's article was interesting.
>
> The test was a bit harder than I anticipated.  I should have paid more
> attention to column types and database name, among other things.  But I
> did pass

Congratulations :-)

>  - at least, the preliminary report said pass, but also said
> that the exam will be reviewed and "If you have met the passing score,
> you will receive your official certificate by mail."  This puzzles me,
> because this exam isn't beta any more?

No, it's not. And don't worry, that's just some standard verbiage from
the test center. If your score report says "passed", you've passed --
and you will receive your certificate in due time.

> Studying for and taking the exam was a good excercise and I'm glad I
> did.  I learned things I didn't know about MySQL.

Yes, many candidates are surprised at the high level of the exam; both
the knowledge/skill required and the amount of information covered in
the Core exam are quite extensive, despite this being our first level
exam.

"I learned things I didn't know about MySQL while studying" is a comment
we often hear -- which makes me and others here happy, as this is of
course one of the main ideas behind having a certification program in
the first place.

Best regards,

/ Carsten

--
Carsten H. Pedersen
Coordinator of Development, Certification Manager

Want to swim with the dolphins? (April 14-16, 2004)
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/