onsdag 07. januar 2004, 16:42, skrev EP:
> is it just me, or do hosts underestimate how much data we might want to put
> in a MySQL database?  For instance, 250MB, the largest plan from that host
> would not come close to holding all my data.
>
> I guess what I'm really curious about: do others construct large (GB)
> databases in MySQL?  Is there some reason not to I should know?

I run a small hosting service myself (www.drx.no) and we don't really care how
much data you put in MySQL.

We bet on that most (nearly all) have small amounts of data in their database,
so we don't restrict it. If one comes along that has larger needs then thats
OK, because everyone else is using nearly nothing!

Arne