Ooops .. I think I have to be more precise about what I mean by
replication.

In facts the two servers A and B (in slave mode) have to replicate
different tables included in the same database and I do not want to manage
the replication  through my application but only with the standard
replication mode of my SQL.

Example:

Servers A and B  managing database my_db and the two tables my_table_1 and
my my_table_2.
Server B slave of master A and replicating only my_table_1. Server A is in
charge of upadating my_table1. The following parameter of my.cnf
for server B is => replicate-ignore-table = my_db.my_table_2).
Server A slave of master B and replicating only my_table_2. Server B is in
charge of upadating my_table2. The following parameter of my.cnf
for server A replicate-ignore-table = my_db.my_table_1).

How does the configuration file looks like for the two server's ? Anyone
has an example ?

Thanks in advance.

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      el.Com                   To:       Pierre Luguern/France/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
                                               cc:

                      03/02/2004 17:35         Subject:  Re: Replication

"Pierre Luguern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/02/2004 15:41:30:

> Is this configuration possible with MySQL ?
>
> Server A is acting  as a master server for the A database. Server B is
> acting as a slave, replicating the A database from server A.
> Server B is acting as a master server for the B Database. Server A is
> acting  as a slave, replicating the  B database from server B.
>

> How do the configuration file looks like for the two server's ?

What I think you want is "circular replication": A replicates B, B
replicates A. MySQL can detect when an update has travelled round the full
circle, and stops it propagating back to the server which originated it. It
is then up to you, at the application level, to route updates for Database
A to server A and updates for Database B to server B. If you can ensure
this, I think you will get the effect you desire. If, of course, you route
updates indiscriminately, things could go wrong.

      Alec Cawley