Hallo,

I am in the process of setting up a simple replication and have a
question that I can't figure out from the docs.

I have 2 servers, N1 is a test machine and hosts 2 databases "live" and
"test". N1 is a slave to N2 which is a production machine and primary
host of "live".

Basically I want to achieve 2 things.

1. To replicate "live" from N2 to N1.
2. To populate test on N1 by replication from live on N1

The access rights on the test machine to the "test" database are "all"
for the developers, who have only read rights to "live" on the same
machine and no access at all to "live" on N2..

Basically I am somewhat confused on how to handle replication of the
mysql database and the access rights. Will the access rights from N2
overwrite anything on N1 or can a more fine-grained control be achieved.
Or should I exclude some or all of the contents of mysql from the
replication and maintain that database manually ???

Thanks for any tips.

Regards
Mike Anderson / Germany