Try something similar to this:

ConStr = "Provider=MSDASQL;DRIVER=MYSQL ODBC 3.51
DRIVER;SERVER=ABC;DATABASE=MYDATABASE;UID=root"

Gilbert Wu
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://www.sabrefund.com

Sabre Fund Management Limited
Windsor House
55 St James's Street
London SW1A 1LA
Tel     +44 20 7316 2820
Fax     +44 20 7316 0180
Regulated by the FSA

NOTICE:

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and may also be privileged.  It is
intended for the named recipient only.  If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by telephoning +44(0)207 316 2800.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of this communication without the permission of the
sender is prohibited.

There are risks in communicating by e-mail. E-mail may be susceptible to data
corruption, delay, interception and unauthorised amendment and we do not accept
liability for any such corruption, delay, interception or amendment or their
consequences. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks
in so doing.

Furthermore the contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses
which could damage your computer system or data. While we have taken reasonable
precautions to prevent the inclusion of viruses in e-mails and attachments, neither we
nor the sender can accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result
of software viruses. You are strongly advised to carry out your own virus checking
before opening any attachments.