Thanks for your reply.

Let me try again.

In access, you can create views.  These are called 'queries' in Access.  The
current version of MySQL does not support views, as I understand it.

Using DBManager, I import all my tables and data to MySQL from Access.  One
of the options during the import is to import queries.  My application
depends on using these structures (call them views if you wish).

Since I can import them, and see them in the database, is there a way that
my application can access them?

Currently using odbc against the Access database, I treat them just like a
table i.e, select * from query_name where etc etc.

When the application attempts this against the MySQL database, I get an
object does not exist error.

If it's not possible, I'll have to restructure the application.  This isn't
a trivial task, but, not impossible.

I'm not using Access as a front end, I'm migrating the database from Access
to MySQL.  Just wondering how the various parts of an Access database map to
parts in the MySQL database...

Hope this is a clearer explanation.

Brian L. Walter
Service Data Management
"We treat our customers like our future depends on it"
www.sdm1.com

Well firstly, no I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

That said, I'm putting together a couple of pages that deal with the
sort of questions you're likely to have. It's not finished yet ( I'm
weeding throught the html that OpenOffice created and removing crap at
the moment ), but maybe you can pick something from it:

http://enthalpy.homelinux.org/MySQL/setup.html and
http://enthalpy.homelinux.org/MySQL/optimizing.html

If you are still using Access as the front-end, you can leave most of
your queries as they are. But the above pages show you how to set up
pass-through queries, which will give you much better performance. There
is also a small section on using ADO to talk to MySQL.

If you have any more questions ( or someone has suggestions / criticism
of my little how-to ) please email back. Like I said, I'm not done yet...

Dan

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---