Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:45 AM
Subject: InnoDB Hot Backup + MySQL embedded?

Hi all,

I'm looking at developing an (open source) server-style application with
the embedded MySQL library to be employed as the primary data store.

Has anyone attempted to use InnoDB Hot Backup for such a beast? I ask as
I do not know whether communication between ibbackup and the database
engine is required (thus requiring a few changes to the embedded lib
before compilation). A quick scan through the docs involved doesn't seem
to point me in the right direction for a definitive answer on this.

ibbackup can be used with the MySQL Embedded Server Library, no problem in that. ibbackup does not communicate with the mysqld server at all. It just reads the InnoDB data and log files.

On the other hand, the innobackup Perl script does start a mysql connection
to the server.

Regards,

Chris

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/