Installing a new RHEL box, with 3.23.58. (it's what RH provides, and I
don't feel like using stuff from out of the RH tree.) I am a little
confused about the privileges. I have done a GRANT ALL on *.* to root IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
which is great, but if I run mysql so

mysql -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I get in, no password. How can I tell mysql to refuse anything that
isn't from localhost, and to require a password for root no matter what?

Thanks. New to MySQL and databases in general, trying to make sure I
don't screw up too badly.

"It says he made us all to be just like him.  So if we're dumb, then
god is dumb, and maybe even a little ugly on the side."
               -- Frank Zappa