> Hi Everyone,
>
> Fisrtoff, I know nothing about databases and even less about web
design.
> What I do know is that I want to move my Outlook contacts (~10,000) to
> real database :)
> I've looked at FileMaker Pro and MyGroupWare and the likes but I just
want
> something simple where I can export my contacts and sort them into
> templates. And those have either to much cost attached to them or
simply > try
> to offer to many features for what I want.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction? I know I need to learn
MySQL
> and that I will (I'm getting more and more comfortable with
PHPmyAdmin). > My
> main concern is how to access and manage the content in a user-friend
way.

> Cheers,
> Phil

Hi Phil,

Under the File Menu, choose Import Export...  Export your Contacts to a
CSV file, and then import that file into MySQL.  I believe you can also
export your contacts directly to Access and FileMaker Pro.  Of course,
you mentioned that you want to move your contacts to a real database, so
MySQL is the way to go!

Look up in the MySQL documentation how to import CSV files.

HTH,

-Erich-