Aha, that would explain it! I guess my next question would have to be...is the the appropriate list to inquire as to the stability of the current Alpha builds? My app is pretty timid in its use of SQL, mostly SELECTS and a smattering of UPDATES and INSERTS on single tables. But on the other hand, I have enough to do with the *rest* of my port without worrying about stability.

Many thanks for the quick response!

Steve

Victor Pendleton wrote:

You will need to be using MySQL 4.1.x in order to perform sub-selects.

Hello, all!

I am porting my Visual Basic app over from MSDE to MySQL, and things so far are going quite well. I've found most of the "gotcha" differences in how I need to structure my queries, but I am having trouble with one in particular.

[Lengthy rambling code snippets....]

So now that I've made a long story even longer, my question is simply this - is there a way to execute all three selects within the same query, as I was able to do when my database was MSDE? It seems that it would be more efficient than making three hits on the database when one would suffice.

Many thanks for any help you can provide!

Steve