Serves me right to type this stuff instead of copying/pasting - my previous post was indeed wrong but also wasn't the exact code I used (yours was, with the single quote embedded in the doubles).

It's been a very dyslexic week for me.

On your previous response regarding field names and case sensitivity, I'm not actually referencing any field names in my "INSERT INTO" query - I'm just populating all of the fields in order, and the order is correct from what I can tell. The other fields are solid (once I got past a poorly formatted date field, that is) but these strings with the backslashes stripping out and parts lopping off, that's the last rub.

Daniel Clark wrote:

How about: (I reversed on set of quotes)

sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES('" & txtSceneFile & "')"

Err...what I meant to say here was "ascii code equivalent (chr(39)" (I
tried single *and* double quotes).  Sorry about that.

Steve Pugh wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I tried that to no avail (I had actually had the code set initially to
use single quotes thusly:

sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES("' & _
       txtSceneFile & "')"

but it generated the same erroneous string. Using the ascii-code
equivalent (Chr(34) does the same.