I'm trying to select specified data from a field in a table.
The field from which the data has to come contains the following: 'something;else;anything;everything;name;my' (and so on), it's a long text.

I need in the case just 'my' from the field, thus between the ';'. This time there are only two characters, but I can't say by forehand how many letters there will be.
The only thing that's sure it comes after 'name', so I have the following query:

SELECT SYS_IDX, LEFT(RIGHT(C, LENGTH(C)-LOCATE(';',C,LOCATE('name',C))),10) FROM A;

This return's up to ten characters after the name, somethimes this is to much, sometimes to many. Does anybody knows how to go from here.

I'm using mysql 3.21

AC