Hi,

I have a table which I want to select data from (obiviously). In this table, I have a field which is an integer, and defaults to 0. What I would like to do is count all rows in that table which not only equals 0 for the field, but has a distinct value which is greater than 0.

id      field
1       0
2       0
3       7
4       8
5       7
6       0
7       6
8       7
9       8

For the above example, my count should return 6. Three zero's count as 3, three seven's count as 1, two eight's count as 1, and one six counts as 1.

I've tried...

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM db.table WHERE ( field = 0 || ( field > 0 && DISTINCT field ) )

But it still returns the count of all the rows.

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com