On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Steven Palm wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Steven Palm wrote:
> >> Using the production code 4.0.18 on a UnixWare 7.1.0 system, it fails
> >> to compile here.
> > I was able to build it with the following...
> >
> > CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"  CXX="gcc"
> > CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
> > --enable-thread-safe-client --with-innodb --with-berkelye-db=./bdb
> > --with-openssl --with-extra-charsets=comples
>   On a 7.1.0 system or a later version?  My gcc is 2.95.2. Using the
> above gives me the same error as originally quoted.

You need gcc-2.95.3 or newer.  There are some patches for gcc on my site
ftp.zenez.com.  Also when doing things for Both OpenServer and UnixWare I
have a FAQ's for UnixWare and OpenUNIX and a programmers FAQ on

http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/scoprogfaq/faq.pl
http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq.pl

These should help you with a lot of your problems.

> > I had to make sure all the patches for the OS were installed.
>
>   I have all the critical ones and nothing else seems relevant. I wish
> that it wasn't so bloody difficult to figure out from SCO's website
> what upgrades you are entitled to and how you'd get them. I don't know
> if we can upgrade our 7.1.0 system to 7.1.1 or later without paying
> more blood money to SCO or not. I see they have at least a 2.95.3pl1
> compiler, but I can't find out where to download it (and associated
> utils); even then, it's not supported on 7.1.0, only 7.1.1 and up..

There was a free upgrade from 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 if my memory servers me.  The
best way to find out about patches is the README files on ftp.sco.com.
BTW there my site also has a mirror of the SCO ftp site on ftp.zenez.com
in the pub/caldera directory.

>   Every time I have to compile a piece of software for this system I
> grit my teeth, so I'd really appreciate any advice, especially since
> you have managed to get it working.

I do offer support for a fee.  I do try to make sure MySQL works on the
various versions for the SCO OS's.  I test the bk for UnixWare 7.1.3 and
OpenServer 5.0.7 which are the lastest versions of both OS's.  Once a
release is done I do test it on OpenServer 5.0.6, OpenServer 5.0.7,
UnixWare 7.1.1, OpenUNIX 8.0(UnixWare 7.1.2), and UnixWare 7.1.3.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047