On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Steven Palm wrote:
>   Just noticed that what SCO was packaging in their (formerly available)
> "Open Source Tool Kit" for Unixware ( ) was 2.95.3pl1... They said it
> was 2.95.3 with the following patches:

I always download the lastest CVS with all patches for the tree of gcc
that I am using.  The latest patches to all version of gcc are on the CVS
tree or branch for the version.  These are often needed to get MySQL to
work.

> The OSTK version contains a few additional fixes to correct problems on
> Open UNIX 8.0 and UnixWare 7.1.1 systems. These corrections include:
>       *        a fix for 64 bit integer constant folding
>       *        working UNIX profiling (-p)
>       *        ability to optionally use the tracing thread library, libthreadT.so
>       *        updated system header modification scripts for OU 8.0 and UDK
> 7.1.1b FS
>       *        providing header modification at installation time - allowing same
>   package to be installed on different OS versions
>
>   The compilers have been configured:
>       *        to support 64 bit integer types
>       *        to provide the C++ runtime as an archive and a shared object
>       *        for thread safety
>       *        the C and C++ runtime is configured for POSIX threads
>       *        C++ source code is always compiled with _PTHREAD defined to allow
> the Standard Template Library to be used safely by threaded programs.
>       *        to generate Dwarf 2 debugging information.
>       *        to use the GNU x86 assembler (/usr/gnu/bin/as).
>       *        to use the UNIX linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld)
>
>   Since this error is when ULONGLONG_MAX is being used, is this related
> to the 64-bit integer stuff mentioned above?  If so, does anyone have a
> copy of the required patches?  Will going to a later version of gcc
> help, but not hurt anything else? :-)  I hear talk about the "big
> changes" between 2.95 and 3.x series, has it settled down finally to
> the point that 3.x is preferred to use?

I use gcc-3.4.0 from CVS and it does work.  Yes the above is part of the
problem.  That is why I said you need all patches both OS and gcc.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047