Hello List:

Few days ago I posted "MySQL does not automatically start at BOOT time??" on
this list. Several people responded but the problem was not resolved.

I did a fresh install of RH9 & MySQL 4.0.18 (Binary) on a DUAL CPU 1.5 GB
Mem server. After reading the MySQL documentation & MySQL book by Paul
DUBois, I found the problem.

Problem:
--------
Size of log file in "/etc/my.cnf" & "/usr/local/mysql/data/" is different.
Here is the actual error msg:

InnoDB: Error: log file /usr/local/mysql/data/ib_logfile0 is of different
size 0 5242880 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 67108864!

---------
I commented the "InnoDB_log_file_size" in "/etc/my.cnf" file and MySQL
started like a PRO. I have the following questions:

Q1:
===
My setup is all from default settings. Therefore size of log file, both in
"/etc/my.cnf" & "/usr/local/mysql/data/" are set by the default. Why default
setting for one parameter are different in locations?

Q2:
===
How to fix this problem? If there is an explanation in the MySQL
documentation, I sure like to read about it if someone responds with the
Section Number.

Thanks
Kirti