From: Sam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 6:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MySQL does not automatically start at BOOT time??

Kirti:

I think you already did that as you said in you first
msg about you installation steps.

> No>/mysql.server

Did you get my prev msg where I suggested to check the

previleges on your mysql.

Usually I do it this way:

8) Change  ownership of  binaries to root and
ownership of the data directory
   to  the user that you will run  mysqld as (in our
case mysql):

 chown  -R  root .
 chown  -R  mysql  var
 chgrp -R mysql .   ( this is important too)

9) To  start   MySQL  server automatically  when you
boot   your  machine,
   copy the mysql.server script to the `/etc/init.d'
directory with the name
   mysql, and  then make  it executable

 cp support-files/mysql.server /etc/init.d/mysql
 chmod +x /etc/init.d/mysql

10) Activate to run the script at system startup by
adding to the chkconfig list

 chkconfig --add mysql
 chkconfig --level 345 mysql on

For more information read