You are not indexing your table right. The read random next is to high. Turn
on the slow query log to find out what query is the problem.

> [...]
> | Open_tables                    | 18       |
> | Open_files                     | 38       |
> | Open_streams                   | 0        |
> | Opened_tables                  | 24       |
> | Questions                      | 9971     |
> | Qcache_queries_in_cache        | 173      |
> | Qcache_inserts                 | 173      |
> | Qcache_hits                    | 9665     |
> | Qcache_lowmem_prunes           | 0        |
> | Qcache_not_cached              | 8        |
> | Qcache_free_memory             | 32908680 |
> | Qcache_free_blocks             | 1        |
> | Qcache_total_blocks            | 365      |
> | Rpl_status                     | NULL     |
> | Select_full_join               | 8        |
> | Select_full_range_join         | 0        |
> | Select_range                   | 66       |
> | Select_range_check             | 0        |
> | Select_scan                    | 84       |
> | Slave_open_temp_tables         | 0        |
> | Slave_running                  | OFF      |
> | Slow_launch_threads            | 0        |
> | Slow_queries                   | 0        |
> | Sort_merge_passes              | 0        |
> | Sort_range                     | 0        |
> | Sort_rows                      | 723      |
> | Sort_scan                      | 16       |
> | Ssl_accepts                    | 0        |
> | Ssl_finished_accepts           | 0        |
> | Ssl_finished_connects          | 0        |
> | Ssl_accept_renegotiates        | 0        |
> | Ssl_connect_renegotiates       | 0        |
> | Ssl_callback_cache_hits        | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_hits         | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_misses       | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_timeouts     | 0        |
> | Ssl_used_session_cache_entries | 0        |
> | Ssl_client_connects            | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_overflows    | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_size         | 0        |
> | Ssl_session_cache_mode         | NONE     |
> | Ssl_sessions_reused            | 0        |
> | Ssl_ctx_verify_mode            | 0        |
> | Ssl_ctx_verify_depth           | 0        |
> | Ssl_verify_mode                | 0        |
> | Ssl_verify_depth               | 0        |
> | Ssl_version                    |          |
> | Ssl_cipher                     |          |
> | Ssl_cipher_list                |          |
> | Ssl_default_timeout            | 0        |
> | Table_locks_immediate          | 239      |
> | Table_locks_waited             | 0        |
> | Threads_cached                 | 1        |
> | Threads_created                | 5        |
> | Threads_connected              | 4        |
> | Threads_running                | 1        |
> | Uptime                         | 1444     |
> +--------------------------------+----------+
>

> my.cnf as follows:
>

> [client]
> password        = password
> port            = 3306
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
>
> # Here follows entries for some specific programs

Raise higher if your replicating blobs.

> table_cache = 512
> sort_buffer_size = 8M
This is too high, you might run out of memory. This is a per thread
allocation. Set it to 2M.

> read_buffer_size = 2M

add read_rnd_buffer_size = 2M

since your indexes are bad.

> myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
> thread_cache = 8
> query_cache_size = 32M
> # Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
> thread_concurrency = 4

This is  not needed. It only works for Solaris.

There are some other tweaks for allocating more memory for ranges etc. but
they are a small boost in perf, next to fixing your table structure.