Hi MySQL Gurus,

I am pretty green at SQL DB anything, so please bear
with me.
I would like to input new/pertinent data into my main
table as fast/efficiently as possible. From reading
Paul DuBois books, the Reference Manual and a few
other sources I am convinced that LOAD DATA will be
faster than the multitude of individual INSERTS that
I would end up doing. So, assuming that doing
something from memory is always faster than doing
that something from a file - any filesystem caching
aspects being a caveat - is it possible, (and if so
how) to use LOAD DATA INFILE on something I already
have in memory? (like my made-to-order array?)

I am using perl - so maybe I can do all this inside
an open filehandle and use the FH as my INFILE?
Maybe access my array that way??

I apologize if this has been asked/beaten to death.
Searching these mail lists yielded nothing. I
looked, honestly.

My environment:
MySQL 4.0.18
perl 5.6