You may be able to limit resource usage for mysql. I am not sure how to do
it in windows though.

100% for a second while it executes the query is not abnormal in my
opinion.

"Nick A. Sugiero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/05/2004 01:12 PM

        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: MySQL 100% CPU Spikes

Jeremy,

Any information on how I can go about doing this, or maybe some
documentation on improving the speed.
The problem is two of the databases I think, both are around 1.1MB each
and:

Database1: 13736 data records
Database2: 77312 data records.

Is this excessive ?

When my .asp pages request from the database on my 2.7GHz with 2GB of RAM
it
will spike to 100% for around
1 second then go back to normal.

--Nick