Nick A. Sugiero wrote:
Jeremy,

Any information on how I can go about doing this, or maybe some
documentation on improving the speed.
The problem is two of the databases I think, both are around 1.1MB each and:

Database1: 13736 data records
Database2: 77312 data records.

Is this excessive ?

Nick:

The problem is not so much the number of records in the database, as the number of records MySQL needs to examine to answer a request. Probably the following steps will help you:

* run mysqld with --long-log-format and --log-slow-queries options
* give your application a spin
* see what queries appear in the slow log
* fix each one of them so it does not by adding the appropriate keys, rewriting it to be more efficient, and/or reorganizing the schema to avoid the slow queries

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/