On May 22, 2004, at 2:12 AM, John Mistler wrote:
In the larger picture, I am wondering if there is a way to avoid all of
this. Ideally, I would like for the application to come packaged with
MySQL, to install MySQL automatically (not sure what happens if MySQL
already exists on the system), and to never ask the user for a password. In
fact, to just run MySQL in the background as if it were a part of my
application. Any ideas on this? However, in the short term, in order to
get it all working on my own computer I will need to get the above language
correct.

You should be looking into the embedded version of MySQL which is aimed exactly at these purposes.

-- greg willits