Good evening all.

I'm facing a problem with a specific table and the uniques that it has.
I have a table, hosting data of peoples names.
Some of it's columns are, name_english, surname_english, name_original, surname_original, name_greek, surname_greek.
I have as unique each combination of columns of the same language (i.e. name_english, surname_english, unique, etc).
The records are at about 7000 and the problem that i have now is that when i try to add a specific name, it doesn't take it, echoing that it's duplicate. When I searched the table though, I couldn't find any name matching the one trying to insert. What I found was a name (name & surname) that it's almost identical but with one differente letter (i.e. there is on the database George Spyrou and I was trying to insert George Spytou).
Could it be this similarity that causes problems, or should I look for something elese?
Any help would be appreciated and I would be more that greatfull. If more info is needed I could give it.
Thanks in advance.