Egor Egorov wrote:

fr0g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well I'm in despare.
I have a record in my DB with name=Michalis and surname=Ka*l*ogiannis.
When I try to add name=Michalis and surname=Ka*k*ogiannis I get the error about duplicates.
It doesn't give an error in the english field, but it does in greek fields (with greek characters) even though K & L are two different letters. I removed one of the Ns from Kalogiannis and like that it worked. But now that I want to put it back it sais error duplicate.
I even downloaded a new greek charset and yet it doesn't work.
What could be the problem here?

Looks like character set problem. What version of MySQL server do you use?

mysql Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.15, for mandrake-linux-gnu (i586)
That's the output of mysql --version
The point is that i downloaded for example apache2triad, which includes mysql and almost every charset, i copied the greek.conf from there to my box, restarted MySQL and still the same problem.