Yes. The time I measure like I said is purely around
statement.execQuery() call. Connection creation is not
a factor here at all.

My database has 1.64 million rows and 4 queries are
all selects, which are identical in both serial and
parallel cases.

In serial cases:
Query 0 took 590
Query 1 took 431
Query 2 took 461
Query 3 took 440

In parallel cases:
Queryer 3 query took 1552
Queryer 1 query took 1632
Queryer 2 query took 1783
Queryer 0 query took 1923

I don't understand why in 4 concurrent connection
cases (already created not included in the timing) it
takes more than 3 times longer to exec. a query.

Thanks

Haitao