Marc

mysqld runs on a very powerful Operton machine with
16GB memory and barely any other application process
running, it is hard to believe that a simple select
that runs under 2 second will utilize all the
resources...that is why I tend to think there is
something in the mysql set up that caused this...any
idea where I should look?

BTW: the numbers are in milliseconds

Thanks

Haitao