Each of 4 individual query only took <0.6 seconds,
there is no other clients, it hardly to believe taht
mysql query performance will degrade 300% (from <0.6s
to ~1.9s) if we have 4 concurrent connections...

As far as I know, MySQL should be able to handle
hundreds of connections on a single CPU box without
degrading performance like above.

Thanks

HT