I have two mysql servers as shown below:

MySQL server A: version 3.23.58, database: mydb, table: mytable
MySQL server B: version 5.0.0-alpha-standard-log

I want the server B to have the exact same database and table as those on
the server A.  So, on server B, I manually created a database called
'mydb'.  Then I copied three files mytable.frm, mytable.MYD, mytable.MYI
from server A's /var/lib/mysql/mydb/ directory to server B's
/var/lib/mysql/mydb directory.

Now on server B, when running the command 'mysql -h localhost -u root -p
mydb', I got the following messages back:

----
Didn't find any fields in table 'mytable'
----

By the way, I did restart the mysql server on server B after copying files.

Does that mean version 3.* can not read version 5.* tables?  How should I
set up the same database and tables on another server just by copying
files because I have a lot tables that need to be moved over?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bing