Well, then I'll just go back to my original problem if you have read
through this thread from the beginning.  Because copying files did not
work, I turned to try mysqldump.  Mysqldump does not work for me either.
So there really isn't a way to create a dump on 5.0.x that's compatible
with 3.23.x?

Bing

> I have not tried 5.0.x to 3.23.x but give this a try:
> Flush the tables with read lock or flush the tables and shutdown the
> database
> tar.gz the files
> Move the files to the the new server
> Untar/unzip the files
> Start up both databases

>>> 2.   attachment_id mediumint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>>> 3.   task_id mediumint(10) NOT NULL default '0',
>>> 4.   orig_name varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
>>> 5.   file_name varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
>>> 6.   file_desc varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
>>> 7.   file_type varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
>>> 8.   file_size mediumint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
>>> 9.   added_by mediumint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
>>> 10.   date_added varchar(12) NOT NULL default '',
>>> 11.   PRIMARY KEY  (attachment_id)