Hi,

Just following up with some more information...

I've been seeing a bit better behaviour by going from LinuxThreads to
FreeBSD native threads.

My hunch is also that this is somehow related to qmail; something of a
contention issue between qmail and mysql.  As I said, system load remains
low.  BUT, there are processes blocking, and vmstat shows that context
switching is where I'm getting hit.

Does that information help at all?  Interactive performance is good, qmail
is happy, but it seems like mysql gets "the short end of the stick" in
this situation.

Thanks,

Charles