Hi,

I am running Debian sarge with MySQL 4.0.20. My problem is I can connect
from localhost, but when I try to connect from other host this error
comes up:
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I tried from many clients, included MySQL 4.0 and MySQL 3.23, but they
all got same error.

I also noticed that usually when I connct to server that I have no
access, the error looks like:
ERROR 1130: Host '219.106.XX.XX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
server

But when I tried to connect to this server, the error was:
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I have tried google, without any result. Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Batara