I don't see how using a multi value insert would be
any faster than the insert between the tables.  It
would certainly be faster than one insert statement
per row, but I don't think it would be faster than
insert ... select ...

The only reason I suggested an extended syntax insert
earlier was because I wasn't aware that a temporary
table was being loaded first.

Do you ever delete from this table?

Can you post the results from
"show variables" for us?

Have you removed the unecessary duplicate key on the
first column of your primary key?

Thanks,

Justin

--- gerald_clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>