Donny Simonton wrote:

Matt,
I've been reading this thread for a while and at this point, I would say
that you would need to provide the table structures and queries that you are
running.

For example, we have one table that has 8 billion rows in it and it close to
100 gigs and we can hammer it all day long without any problems.  It really
depends on how you are doing things.

But as far as you mentioning about mysql not using multiple indexes, it
does.  You just have to create an index on multiple fields at one time.
I've got tables with 10 fields in one index, now the trick with mysql is
that you must use all top 10 fields in your where clause for mysql to really
take advantage of the index.

But I would definitely send the list your table structure with your indexes
and some of your selects and inserts.  You can always change the names of
things if you don't want people to know the names of everything.

Just my 2 cents.

Original email has the table structure, query speed is not an issue (it is, but I will deal with that later)

the issue is insert speed, I get 150k-1M records daily, of these, only 5-10 % are new records, I load the EBCDIC file into a temp table, and then do "insert ignore into historytable select * from temp table"

and I cant create multiple field indexes, I would need 100 indexes on a table, the index side already exceeds the table size, I tried to add an index on date, but gave up because it ran for 2 days and was not done yet.