David,

What you use to bulk-import a file has more to do with its format than its
extension. Different products can all produce files with the same
extensions but with totally different formats. Not all SQL and DMP files
are created the same.

Read up on the native MySQL import/export facilities and compare what they
can read with what you see if you open your downloaded database with a
text editor.

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqlimport.html
        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/LOAD_DATA.html
        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqldump.html

If phpMyAdmin has any bulk-import functions/facilities then read up on
those, too. You may need to preprocess your raw data file to make it
compatible with any of your available import functions.

        http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/#faq (start at 6.4 and 6.5
and work your way from there)

Yours,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

David Blomstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07/21/2004 11:27:33
PM: