While the extension on the file isn't set in stone, many people add
the .dmp extension to files created with the Oracle exp utility.

You can use a third party utility call nxtract
(http://www.elmbronze.co.uk/nxtract/index.htm) to convert exp files
into tab delimited files.  The eval version only does 5k rows of data
though.

I've never used, nor do I endorse nxtract.  I just found it while
googling around looking for a tool to process oracle exp files.

It might be easier to just connect to the oracle instance (if it still
exists) using perl and extracting the data to insert statements that
way.