At 15:53 -0700 7/22/04, David Blomstrom wrote:
--- Victor Pendleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Are you referring to an Oracle .dmp export file? If
 so you will also need to
 do some parsing.

* * * * * * * * * *

I don't know; this is the first time I've tangled with
a .dmp file. Someone told me it must have come from an
Oracle system, because .dmp files are associated with
Oracle. But I may have been misinformed.

Seems to me that if you don't know what's in the file,
you're going to have a hard time doing anything sensible
with it.  Perhaps your first task is to determine what
it actually contains before you can figure out how to
get it into MySQL?

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA