After reading the post about the poor soul who's box was rooted, it
got me to worrying about my own.  Right now I feel pretty safe with
the box behind a NAT hardware firewall.  I do want to open some ports
for SSH and HTTP connections and wonder what security considerations I
might be missing.

The myth user is logged in with sudo passwordless renice access.
Services are run as root and the frontend and X are setuid root.  It's
a basic gentoo install with no additional security related tweaking.
openSSH, MySQL, and Apache2 are the only network daemons running.

What security measures do others have in place?

Thanks,
Craig