Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Bender" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless
frontend?

> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 17:58 -0500, stan wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 05:35:21PM -0500, john roberts wrote:
> > >
> > > I've thought about doing this also.  I'm wondering why you wouldn't
want to go diskless.  Why not boot of the net?

> > > Is it the boot-up time you're concerned about?
> > >
> > Have you made a diksless frontend work? If os, have you any pointers to
> > good HOWTO?
>
> I have a working diskless frontend. You can find pointers for diskless
> boot in general and for the Via EPIA M series motherboards in particular
> at <http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=52>.
>
> Originally, I booted the MiniMyth image from <www.linpvr.org>. However,
> since I wanted to upgrade some of the software, I decided to roll my own
> build system based on GAR
> <http://home.san.rr.com/benderfamily/software/gar-minimyth/>. Like
> MiniMyth, my build system is targeted for the Via EPIA M series
> motherboards, because I am using the Via EPIA ME6000 for my front ends.

How are you satisfied with me6000 performance. I'm deciding whether to
purchase it for frontend only.

Some time ago there were stutters - so I wonder if things are better now ?

Also, I'd love to see Mythphone on this machine. Do you have any experience
with Mythphone ?

Will it run on me6000 ? Any chance to add it to GAR-minimyth ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.