Are you sure the stream has actually begun.  A number of people have
come across an issue where vlc will not begin because it cannot be
found in the classpath for the user apache.

Do a 'which vlc' then make sure the path you get is in the
mytstreamtv.sh script.

If not, use the output of the logs to try and help

HTH's
Dave

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:46:50 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've installed mythstreamtv, but can't get wmp (or vlc) to play the streams.
> When I click the mms://ip:port link it opens wmp, but I receive an "Enter
> Network Password" window.  My mythweb access is restricted via htaccess, and
> this looks like the same authentication window that IE gives, more or less.
> However, when I enter my username and password, it just pops up a window that
> says "Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server..."  I tried setting
> up my stream directory at /var/www/html/stream, with apache.apache
> permissions, but that didn't make any difference.  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH