Depending on your area, and cable company, they will add the filter
blocks to take the television channels off your block or not,
completely depends on your installer. If they saw your dish, and that
they didnt run any outlets to a TV they might not have worried about
it. But you are paying for some form of service, When RoadRunner came
out here, you got a discount on your cable bill when you got
Roadrunner equal to basic 30 channels.