Ok ... replying to my own post ....

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:13:38 -0800, Eric Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to have the HD3000 record in TS mode using the pcHDTV
> 1.6 drivers?  Is TS mode only available to the DVB drivers?

Looking at http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UnderDevelopment under
DVB/ATSC Improvements (Linuxtv Supported Digital TV Cards) I see

"Allow recorded stream to be saved in TS as well as PS mode."

I gather this means that there is no planned future support for saving
the stream in TS mode for the HD300 with non dvb drivers and that only
PS mode will be supported for the HD3000 with the non dvb drivers.

> Or do I roll the dice and try an upgrade to 2.6.10 and use the DVB
> drivers.  I'm hesitant to try that since the rest of my system is
> functioning just fine, though ... maintaining my watching habits with
> crontab is getting old ....

Can any one point me to a good step by step guide for Debian for
upgrading from 2.4.26 to 2.6.10 so that I can take advantage of the
new DVB drivers so that I can use the HD3000?

Thanks,
Eric